December 25th, 2011 9:09 pm by Vincent Flanders
1. Paratom Investigative Unit
Submitter’s comments: Spooky, psychic awfulness. Every site has its day, and I think Paratom.com has earned it.
Vincent Flanders’ comments: To say the home page photo is inappropriate is to insult the definition of inappropriate.
2. The New Gmail interface
Submitter’s comments: Some of the offenses:
- Mystery Meat Navigation (MMN)
- Two identical MMN gears that point to separate menus.
- Redesign that requires (even in the most compact view) 4x’s the amount of scrolling and 2x’s the amount of clicks.
Vincent Flanders’ comments: I’ve gotten lots of complaints about the new Gmail look. Even my wife complained about it. I don’t see two identical MMN gears, I just see two different types of MMN.
3. Black Hills Youth Football League
Submitter’s comments: This site causes the blind spot in my vision to expand to cover the screen.
Vincent Flanders’ comments: It’s sites like these that amaze me. I’ve been trying to find "the average-looking website." You know, the website that’s "just good enough" so I can point to it when I run across sites like this sucker and say, "Does your site look as good as this one? No? Fix it!" This site not only is over-the-top, it’s under the bar.